As part of our deliberate effort to check the number of people who will gather for the State Congress of our Party slated to hold tomorrow at the Nest of Champions, the Congress Organizing committee hereby notifies party members and the public that only the following under-listed personalities and categories of Party men and women will be allowed entrance to the congress venue.
Those stipulated by our Party Constitution to be physically present at the venue include:
– The Serving Governor of our State and His Deputy
– Former Governors and Deputy Governors of our state
– Serving and Former members of the BOT of our Party
– Members of the State Executive Committee
– Serving and Former Members of the National Executive Committee and serving members of the Zonal Executive Committees from the state who are members of the Party
– Serving and Former Members of the National Assembly from the State who are members of the Party,
– Serving members of the State House of Assembly and former Principal officers of the State House of Assembly from the State who are members of the Party
– All elected Local Government Council chairmen and vice chairmen
– All elected Local Government Area Party Executive Committee members
– Three Delegates per ward elected at ward Congresses at least one of whom shall be a woman.
– Former members of the State Working Committee
– Former Chapter Chairmen of the Party
– One Physically challenged Person per Local Government as nominated by the Local Government Caucus of the Party
– All Serving elected Local Government Councillors
– All serving Ward Chairmen, Deputy Chairmen, Secretaries, Women and Youth Leaders at the ward level
– One National Delegate per Local Government Area elected at the Local Government Area.
We appeal to all members of the Party and Akwa Ibom people who are not listed in the categories above to follow the Congress Proceedings on the following channels:
1. Akwa Ibom Broadcasting Corporation (AKBC) Radio and TV.
2. Other Accredited Private Radio stations.
3. The Umbrella Facebook Page.
All delegates to the Congress are to be seated by 9am.
The Congress will commence officially by 10am Prompt.
Take notice that all stringent protocols to ensure human safety against the COVID-19 virus will be strictly adhered to at the Venue. We enjoin every delegate to cooperate with the officials in this regard.
Comrade Ini Ememobong
Secretary, State Congress Coordinating Committee