Nigerian chef, Hilda Effiong Bassey, popularly known as Hilda Baci, on Monday achieved a 100-hour marathon cooking record time, which featured over 250 recipes.
The cook-a-thon featured a live-streamed show on multiple social media channels with support from top personalities including the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State, singer Burna Boy, and a host of others.
Below are the five things to know about Hilda Baci:
1. Hilda Baci was born on September 20, 1996, in Akwa Ibom State.
2. She is a multi-talented Nigerian TV producer, actress, and head cook at FoodbyHilda.
3. She was the winner of the Nigeria Ghana Jolloffaceoff food competition held in Lekki, Lagos in 2021 where she competed with chef Seyram Kumordzie of Ghana and took home a whopping $5,000.
4. She’s a sociology graduate from Madonna University, Okija, which is the first Catholic university in Nigeria.
5. She broke Guinness World Record for longest cooking, surpassing a previous record set by Lata Tondon, an Indian chef, in 2019 who cooked for 87 hours, 45 minutes, and 00 seconds.
Culled from facebook