Akwa Ibom People Get Tax Holiday From Governor Emmanuel
As part of Governor Emmanuel’s “measures to cushion the effect of Covid -19 pandemic, Akwa Ibom State Government has approved a tax holiday for all tax payers in the state”.
It could be recalled that at the State Executive Council meeting of the State last Friday, the state Ministry of Finance was directed to work out modalities for immediate implementation of this decision.
Akwa Ibom Commissioner For Information And Strategy Briefs Government House Press On Tax Waivers
“Briefing Government House Correspondents at the end of the meeting, Commissioner for Information, Sir Charles Udoh, said the decision was in line with the World Bank requirements for giving out grants and support to state governments as well as a decision taken at the Governors’ forum for grants and reward to cushion the effects of COVID-19 pandemic in the country.
“Major decisions taken today include the approval to commence a process of working out modalities for implementation of tax relief to tax payers in Akwa Ibom State for 2020 tax year.
“This is in consideration of the adverse effect of COVID-19 pandemic and in line with the requirement of World Bank for grants and support to state governments.
“It is also a decision reached at the Governors’ forum for grants and reward to cushion the effect of COVID-19 pandemic .
Details of the waiver is being worked out by the Ministry of Finance and will be published in due course”, Sir Udoh stated.
Akwa Ibom State Internal Revenue Service Implements Governor Emmanuel’s Tax Relief
As part of the Akwa Ibom State Government’s response to the impact of COVID-19 on businesses and individuals, the Akwa Ibom State Internal Revenue Service hereby announces to the public that the State Governor, His Excellency, Mr. Udom Emmanuel has graciously approved the following Tax Reliefs to our esteemed taxpayers:
1. Extension of deadline for filing of individual income tax return for 2019 from March 31, 2020 to September 30, 2020.
2. Waiver of penalty charged for late payment/remittances of taxes for 2020 tax year.
3. Waiver of interest charged for late payment/remittances of taxes for 2020 tax year.
4. Waiver of Business Premises Levy for Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) with maximum annual turnover of ₦5,000,000.00 (Five Million Naira) for 2020 tax year ending December 31, 2020.
5. Waiver of Economic Development Levy for Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) with maximum annual turnover of ₦5,000,000.00 (Five Million Naira) for 2020 tax year ending December 31, 2020.
6. Suspension of specific Road Levies (viz daily ticketing, stickers and emblems and haulage fees) for 2020 tax year.
7. Granting of 25% discount on Personal Income Tax for traders in all the markets for 2020 tax year.
For further enquiries please contact:
(ii) AKIRS website: www.akirs.ak.gov.ng & the AKIRS email addresses: contactus @akirs.ak.gov.ng; [email protected]
(iii) State Secretariat: AKIRS, Block 9, Idongesit Nkanga Secretariat, Uyo
(iiii) Corporate Headquarters: Revenue House, Central Business District,
Udo Udoma Avenue, Uyo
(v) Phone: 08035983711, 08023772227, 08024357678, 08022903936, 08026257098